Reclamaciones de motoristas sin seguro o con seguro insuficiente en Milwaukee

En Dunk Law Firm, realmente nos preocupamos por todos y cada uno de nuestros clientes. Sabemos que estar involucrado en un accidente inesperado o perder a un ser querido en un incidente trágico es abrumador. Estamos aquí para ayudar.

CONOZCA AL EQUIPOcontacto con nosotros

contacte con nuestro bufete hoy mismo

Su lucha es nuestra lucha

Gracias. Hemos recibido su envío.
¡Ups! Algo salió mal al enviar el formulario.

Hit by an Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist? We Can Help!

Wisconsin law mandates that all licensed drivers must carry minimum liability auto insurance. However, for a variety of reasons, some motorists choose not to carry any auto insurance at all. If you are hit by an uninsured motorist or if the other driver only has the minimum liability coverage, you may not be able to secure compensation for all of your damages through the at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy.

That’s where your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage comes in. By law, you must carry UM insurance in Wisconsin; you may also opt to add UIM coverage to your policy. If you are not sure what coverage you have or if you are not sure how to get started with your claim, contact Dunk Law Firm to speak to one of our Milwaukee uninsured/underinsured motorist attorneys about your case.

You can reach us online via our free case evaluation form or by calling (414) 206-1295. We are always available by answering service and can assist you during evenings and weekends.

Understanding Your Uninsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is mandatory in the state of Wisconsin. This coverage protects you in the event you are hit by an uninsured driver or involved in a hit and run accident.

In Wisconsin, you must have the following UM coverage:

  • Minimum $25,000 per person in bodily injury
  • Minimum $50,000 per accident in bodily injury

Uninsured motorist coverage only covers bodily injury; it does not cover property/vehicle damage. Additionally, while the above coverage amounts are the minimum required by law, you may elect to add additional UM coverage to your policy.

What Is Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

Unlike UM coverage, underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage is not mandatory in Wisconsin. However, it’s wise to consider adding UIM coverage to your policy, as it protects you in the event you are hit by a motorist who only has the minimum liability coverage.

What is the minimum liability coverage in Wisconsin?

  • $25,000 per person for bodily injury/death
  • $50,000 per accident for bodily injury/death
  • $10,000 for property damage

Say you are hit by a distracted driver and suffer severe spinal cord injuries. Meanwhile, a passenger in your vehicle suffers multiple fractures, bruising, and whiplash. Your vehicle is completely totaled as a result of the accident. Even if the combined cost of your and your passenger’s medical bills and lost wages is more than $50,000 and the value of your car was greater than $10,000, you will not be able to recover more than the aforementioned coverage from the at-fault driver if he only has minimum liability coverage.

At this point, you could turn to your own auto insurance policy for additional compensation. If you have elected to add UIM coverage, you can use this coverage to make up the difference. If you do choose to have UIM coverage, you must carry a minimum of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury coverage.

Providing Knowledgeable Legal Guidance Since 2004

Navigating the process of filing a UM or UIM claim after a car accident can be confusing, time-consuming, and stressful. Our Milwaukee uninsured/underinsured motorist claims attorneys can help you understand your auto insurance policy and what coverage is available to you. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, we may also be able to look at additional potential sources of compensation.

Our highly experienced and knowledgeable lawyers are here to assist you at every stage of the process. We believe your focus should be on healing and moving forward with your life; let us handle the legal aspects of your personal injury case and fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed.

If you have lost a loved one in a serious car accident, our firm can help you obtain justice by pursuing a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.

Otros servicios

Oficina de Houston

717 Franklin St
Houston, TX 77002

(713) 575-1991

Oficina de Memphis

149 Monroe Ave.
Memphis, TN 38103

(901) 231-4779

Oficina de Milwaukee

777 Jefferson Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202

(713) 575-1991